– Wait. So just…
– So it’s expanding.
– Well yeah. That’s…
– How much?
– A lot.
– How fast?
– Like, millions of miles an hour.
– But…wait. We’re not… we haven’t–
– We don’t feel it cos we’re so insignificant compared to the whole big…
– Cos I was gonna say. We’re not expanding.
– No cos we’re a speck. But if you imagine an explosion. With all the debris flying through the air.
– So if it’s an explosion what happens when it, y’know…
– Stops exploding?
– Well then it starts shrinking.
– Uh huh.
– That makes no sense.
– Well no it’s to do with…you know what, it doesn’t matter.
– You don’t need to patronise me.
– No. To be honest I don’t really know myself. Or I can’t really explain it.
– So it shrinks and then what.
– It shrinks back to a point. Like a little dot.
– Where does everything go?
– Into the dot.
– The whole–
– Yep. Whole thing. It’s a dot of infinite mass and infinite, like, tininess.
– Everything always has to be so epic doesn’t it. Wait, so what happens to us?
– We’ll be dead.
– You and me?
– Everyone. The human race. Whatever other races are out there.
– What races?
– No I don’t know. I just mean, y’know, if there are any.
– We’ll all be dead.
– This is millions of years away. Like, millions and millions. Before that the sun will implode and destroy the Earth.
– That sounds scary.
– Yeah. It won’t be for us though. We’ll all be long gone.